Urgent Bulletin: Recruitment & Compliance
Diverse candidates bring a unique skill set to the workplace because of their life experiences. In the past decade, diversity and inclusion has become widely accepted and is now imperative for company growth.
- Racially and ethnically diverse organizations have annual profits that surpass non-diverse organizations by 35%.
- 79% of companies believe that diversity initiatives have a positive impact on company culture.
Developing a diverse workforce is more than meeting requirements. In many ways, diversity and compliance can help organizations achieve their business goals.
The “What” and “Why” of Compliance & Recruiting
The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) is put in place to assess the effectiveness of the contractor’s Affirmative Action Program (AAP). It is important to have a recruitment and applicant tracking system (ATS) that keeps up with the ever changing compliance regulations and assists with your recruiting record keeping.
Compliance regulations ensure that minorities receive equal treatment throughout the recruiting process, and shouldn’t be seen as obstacles in the hiring process. An ATS with job distribution to diversity-focused job boards can also help companies reach qualified individuals with the desired skill sets.
- Employers who use an ATS to hire found a 49% improvement in candidate quality.
- 94% of HR leaders say their ATS or recruiting software has positively impacted their hiring processes by creating compliance and delivering a specialized skill set.
- 41% of companies lack any Hispanic, African American, or Asian American executives, despite the fact that diversity fosters creativity and generates the best ideas for people in all levels of the company.
How Compliance Recruiting Benefits You
Companies that use an ATS as a tool to remain compliant find that the quality and quantity of their candidate pool increases. Diverse candidates, such as veterans have accelerated learning curves and leadership skills because of their military training that make them top candidates to hire.
- Companies that rate highest in equal employment opportunity (EEO) have up to a 50% higher ROI in growth management.
- The disability unemployment rates are 50% higher than the rest of the population despite employers noting benefits of hiring individuals with disabilities have lower absentee rates, remain loyal to the company and maintain reliable and hardworking personalities.
- 90% of organizations agree that veterans bring a sense of responsibility to the job, have the ability to work under pressure, know how to see a task through to completion, and offer strong leadership skills.
BirdDogHR understands that keeping up with compliance regulations can be rigorous, that’s why we have developed the BirdDogHR ATS with federal contractors in mind. Our system is updated regularly as new OFCCP, VEVRAA, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act regulations are put into place.