Smooth Sailing with Effective Onboarding
Onboarding begins on day 1 and sets the tone for the new hires quality of work and productivity.
Organizations with a standard onboarding process experience 54% greater new hire productivity, along with 50% greater new hire retention.
The Crucial First Days Aboard
Ensure that your employees are integrated smoothly into your company by defining expectations right away. As tempting as it may be to quickly get your new hires on the job, allow them time to acclimate, have small success by achieving small goals and move on to meet increasingly more difficult goals.
- As much as 20% of employee turnover happens within the first 45 days so first impressions are important.
- 86% of employees report the decision to stay with a company long-term was made within the first 6 months of employment.
Education as a Compass to Success
Use continuing education and training to prepare your employees for success and establish expectations. When employees know what’s expected of them, their levels of engagement will increase.
- Employees of those companies that had the longest onboarding programs gained full proficiency 34% or 4 months faster than those in the shortest programs.
- New employees who attended a well-structured onboarding orientation program were 69% more likely to remain at a company up to 3 years.
An effective onboarding process is critical for long term success. Your company loses their recruiting investment if a new employee doesn’t stay.
- 77% of new hires who hit their first performance milestone had formal onboarding training.
- Manager satisfaction increases by 20% when their employees have formal onboarding training.
An automated onboarding solution that is a paperless process will not only give new employees a good first impression of your organization, but get them into their job position faster. Deliver an organized cloud-based solution that saves time with BirdDogHR Onboarding.