Why a Great Team is Better Than a Good Individual
97% of employees and executives agreed that the level of collaboration directly impacts the outcome of a task or project.
Collaboration allows businesses to centralize information and best practices for new employees to freely test skills and results, while seasoned employees may act as a mentor.
A Good Individual
A good individual may be motivated but is ultimately disadvantaged by the lack of brain power. Individual work has creativity shortages and spends more time overcoming obstacles than completing quality work.
- Without collaboration technologies, employees spend an average of 9 hours a week searching for information.
- 96% of executives cite the lack of collaboration or ineffective communication for work place failures.
- 70% of employees expect to perform worse in a traditional brainstorming session rather than a virtual one.
Individual work has the potential to be delayed by factors including lack of accountability, shortage in creativity and inability to overcome obstacles.
A Great Team
Collaboration allows employees to build off one another which improves the quality of ideas and makes it easier to overcome obstacles. When creativity surfaces, companies can look at challenges from a different angle and hold employees accountable.
- Firms using social collaboration software see productivity enhancements of an average of 12.5%.
- 97% of employees said they encounter great ideas throughout their day, at home, on vacation, or on the road. Collaboration technology takes advantage of these mobile bursts of creativity.
- The use of collaboration technologies could raise the productivity of interaction between employees by 20-25%.
Work environments that utilize effective collaboration produce satisfied employees who complete their daily tasks with a positive outlook.
Effective collaboration builds trust between employees and employers. When a company trusts each other results include high productivity, integrity and engagement. Provide feedback and knowledge to employees with the BirdDogHR Collaboration.